Monday, September 25, 2006

Quickhits

-Whoever made the decision to regulate Ron Franklin to the ESPN2 game should lose their job because they are out of touch with college football. He is the voice of the SEC night game.
-At one point Clemson had more rushing touchdowns (7) than UNC had rushing yards (6).
-Mel Kiper is on board with getting rid of replay
-Tim Tibow looked very dangerous running the ball. Do you think it would work if Florida lined both him and Leak in the backfield to keep the defense guessing?
-I like Georgia Tech's throwbacks and the old Michigan State decal on the helmet looked very good. Teams should not just wear anything that comes out of Beaverton (VT and Florida from last season).
-Abilene Christian got a plug during the Texas game. Colt's dad and Jordan Shipley's dad were roommates at ACU, I'm surprised they didn't mention our champion caliber team.?
-West Virginia reminds me of the old Miami teams of the Big East. By not playing a tough schedule they will lose a game they shouldn't. I'm very hesitant in writing this but watch out when they visit Mississippi State in Oct. The bulldogs have a strong defense and WV will not have played in an environment like that, but I don't know how MSU will score.
-I think all fans want someone to put Mark May in his place, but listening to Lou Holtz stumble through thoughts is not the answer.

I would like to welcome Aaron (of Dallas), hereafter known as Ern, to the View from Forney. Your intelligence is much needed on this waste of webspace.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Good to be here.

I'm torn on the replay issue. I agree that it slows down the game and is making the refs sloppy, but without replay, OU might have lost that Oregon game. If Oregon gets the ball back due to the botched call, they couldve easily driven down the field and taken a 1 point lead. Especially how the OU secondary was playing. I- for one am glad we had replay that day. Hm.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home