Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The View from Forney Top 25

I don't think that it is a major issue, but a case can be made for waiting on releasing the polls until some games have been played. After week 4 things are starting to work themselves out, so I have chosen to release my poll now. Over the summer I made a few calls and my poll will count as .00000134% in the BCS formula. Preseason polls are a college football staple, but by waiting we can see that California is not as bad as they looked against Tennessee, Notre Dame was overrated, and there have been surprise teams (Rutgers, Wake Forrest, Missouri). I rated the teams on what I think of their season so far and not how I think they will end (ex. I think Michigan has played well enough to be 3rd, but they are bound to lose a couple of games). With further delay here is the first addition of the poll.

1. Ohio State
2. Auburn
3. Michigan
4. USC
5. Florida
6. West Virginia
7. LSU
8. Texas
9. Georgia
10. Louisville
11. Iowa
12. Tennessee
13. Notre Dame
14. Virginia Tech
15. Oregon
16. TCU
17. Oklahoma
18. Clemson
19 California
20. Boise State
21. Missouri
22. Georgia Tech
23. Rutgers
24. Wake Forrest
25. Florida State

Well I would love to have your input. Is this worth doing every week? Would a few of you like to cast a ballot and we can have an official View from Froney poll?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff. Will T.O. make it through the season? Bill Parcells must think we are all idiots to think he knows nothing thats going on. Skeeter fever is exploding in the east side of the Metroplex! Thats all. Peace out

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohio State could fall this weekend to Iowa. Texas native Drew Tate, I believe will beat OSU. OSU hasn't been playing well lately and a solid Iowa team can beat them. Can we get some updates on the Skeeters?

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home