Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I'm Back

Sorry about the long layoff, but I'm rested and ready to go. We are entering what I refer to as the "dark period" of the year. That is the end of college football season until the first college football preview magazine hits the stands. The NFL playoffs, March Madness, Baseball, and the Mavs help fill the time, but nothing can replace the void of Saturdays without the Horns and college football. During this time I tend to get a lot of things done that I have put off all football season, and I'm sure Courtney enjoys doing something besides spending Saturdays glued to the T.V. I try to get a lot of reading done during this time so I thought I would share the books I read last year. I thought all of them were great, but I would highly recommend "Blue Like Jazz" and "Feeding the Monster".

Books of 2006:

-Absolutely American: Four years at West Point by David Lipsky
-Blue Like Jazz: Nonreligious thoughts on Christian Spirituality by Donald Miller
-The Tipping Point: How little things can make a big difference by Malcolm Gladwell
-The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke by Suze Orman
-Runnin' with the Big Dogs: The true, unvarnished story of the Texas-Oklahoma football wars by Mike Shropshire
-Coach Royal: Conversations with a Texas football legend by Darrell Royal with John Wheat
-A Fire to Win: The life and times of Woody Hayes by John Lombardo
-The Lion in Autumn: A season with Joe Paterno and Penn State Football by Frank Fitzpatrick
-Touchdown Jesus: Faith and fandom at Notre Dame by Scott Eden
-For Texas I Will: The History of Memorial Stadium by Richard Pennington
-Feeding the Monster: How money, smarts, and nerve took a team to the top (Red Sox) by Seth Mnookin

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

books, eh? i'm intrigued.

4:31 PM  
Blogger *Courtney* said...

I can vouche that Matt has definately gotten some things done since football season has been over. It's great to get those things marked off the list! :) And Honey, there's a little thing called a baby to look forward to in between the next football season. Love you.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home