Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Quickhits:

-I'm sure you've heard by now that Sneed is transferring (most likely to TCU). Although you never want to lose a player with his ability, I get a sense that Longhorn fans are not that upset about him leaving. Since he is only a Freshman we haven't got too attached to him and it should also be pointed out that this is the second time that he has dodged a competition. He originally committed to Florida but withdrew after Tebow announced that he would attend UF. It will hurt our depth at QB, but Harris is a redshirt this year and hopefully we will sign top rated QB Jeff Brantly out of Florida.
-Paul Thompson will probably be my all-time favorite Sooner player. He went to OU because he wanted to play QB, but was willing to move to WR when Bobby decided to turn the offense over to Bomar. He didn't threaten to transfer, he didn't pack it in for the season, he worked hard to earn time at WR. He is also a perfect example of why QB depth is necessary, because the back-up is always a play away from starting (in this case he was a fake job away). I also love the fact that he didn't beat Texas but that a different story.
-If we can't get rid of the sideline reporters can we at least get rid of the coaches interview. I don't know if you saw, but the Rich Rodriguez interview was painful to watch. After they beat Rutgers, the reporter started asking about his interest in the Alabama job. It didn't make for good TV.
-Classic Mike Leech said that he was in favor of a 32 or 64 team playoff. That would be interesting. Play 10 regular season, all conference games and then play the first 2 or 3 rounds at the higher ranked team's home stadium. Will we ever see that day?
-The guys at work talked about boycotting the Notre Dame BCS game before we found out were they would play. Now that their playing LSU I have to tune in to see that train wreck. The Irish have been thrashed by the last 3 good teams they have played and if they thought USC has speed, wait until they see the Tigers defense. I want the Buyou Bengals to run up the score and pull a Woody Hayes and go for two after touchdowns (because he couldn't go for three). When the score is 68-0 I want Les to look over at Charlie and say " hey Charlie, mix in a salad."
-Courtney and I are going to pick all of the bowl games this year, so if you would like to play along start thinking about your picks. I'll post our picks for games being played that week and you can leave your picks in the comments section. I'll keep score and maybe the winner will take home a fabulous prize (probably not).

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I'm right there with you on the Paul Thompson thing. He's a close second to Josh Heupel. Ironic that he's the QB coach? I love the guy (paul that is). I couldnt be happier with what he's done with this team. He's the epitome of what I want in a Sooners player.

I hate Les Miles, but I hope they hang at least 50 on that defense.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

are the '85 bears who we thought they were?

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home