Monday, December 04, 2006

Texas A&M 12 - Texas 7

I finally watched the first half last Thursday and unfortunately the results didn't change. I think I have matured over the years because I didn't take the game too hard. I still had a horrible feeling in my stomach after the game, but I didn't dwell on the game for to long. My only immature act after the game was telling Fran to go eat a box of little debbies. It helped that there were many developments to focus on during the week (what Bowl would we go to?, Chizik going to Iowa State, Sneed transferring). Here are my long overdue thoughts:

-Paul McGuire is horrible and adds nothing to the broadcast. I'm not a huge fan of 3 man booths anyway and he just kills me. After it appeared that Quan trapped a catch, he says in his awful voice "that's a nice catch if he's a 3rd baseman". After a replay shows that a case could be made that he in fact made the catch, silence.
-Henry Melton where did you go? You might be the biggest bust of the season.
-A&M killed us on 3rd down conversions and they weren't 3rd-short. We can't win games by letting teams convert on 3rd&9,8,12,7. Anyone remember Arkansas' 3rd and 30 conversion in 2003.
-Once again the east and west running game is hurting the team. If Colt is not going to keep it on a few of the zone reads, why keep running that play.
-The pass interference on Sweed hurt, but the interception was the killer. That is the first time all year that I felt like Colt was forcing the pass. He threw into double coverage and off his back foot. He has been very successful by not forcing the ball, but I guess he was trying to get the TD back.
-How did they miss the aggie trying to take Sweed's helmet off. He yanked up on Limas' facemask twice as he was going to the ground. What was even worse was there was no mention of the play from the announcers. They were to busy talking about how Sweed wears the same number as Roy and they didn't say anything about the crowd booing the replay.
-Mark Dodge played a great game, he was all over the field.
-I just knew when we recovered that fumble we would wake up and win the game. I was thinking if we can catch a break we can take control and we tried. We scored, held A&M, then we were faced with a 3rd&5 and Greg Davis makes one of his famous play calls. He calls a swing pass to Selvin where Colt has to lob the ball over the jumping D end, the ball sails over Young's head. But even if he did catch the ball he would have had to break at least 2 tackles to pick up the first down. I know Colt wasn't showing great arm strength, but at least run a route that gives us a chance.
-I hope that Heard feels good about himself after lay out a defenseless McCoy. I would lay his fat butt out if I had a ten yard running start like he did and he was exposed like Colt. He was ejected from the game, but I wish he would have been taken to the locker room so he couldn't celebrate on field with his teammates.
-The A&M win puts the all-time series at 73-35-5 in favor of Texas. The aggie victory was their ninth at DKR and their first of the millennium.

3 Comments:

Blogger *Courtney* said...

I agree honey, you are doing much better about not getting too emotionally involved. I was glad you didn't sulk around the house for a week after that game. You're growing up. :) Haha, LoveYou

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

i just think it's because you're a closet a&m fan, but aren't telling anyone yet. your reactions during the osu/ut game last year were priceless.

6:23 PM  
Blogger James Y said...

You did much better than I did following the game. I said a lot of things to Heard and Franchione that I - mostly - regret. My frustration came out of thinking about the National Championship and then, sixteen days later, wondering if I can make it to the freaking Alamo Bowl

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home