Monday, May 21, 2007

College Football Inventory: A look toward the future

I'm thankful for the many experiences I've already had and I'm very excited to look toward the future. The passion and pageantry of college football makes the game attractive, but what makes the experiences truly meaningful are the memories made with family and friends. When I think about goals for the future I think about the places and games I want to see, but more importantly I think about the people I get to share the experiences with. I can't wait to take our first Longhorn family picture with Savannah and take her to her first game. Iowa State is the only Big 12 team I haven't seen play. I have connections with friends that go to Mississippi State, Alabama, and Florida State games. LSU, Ole Miss, and Oklahoma State are close enough to take in a game. A few long term goals would be to go to every Texas game in a season and go to a different stadium every week for a season. Right now I don't have a goal to see every stadium, like the guy at Project 119 (although that's pretty sweet), but I would like to see a game at most of the major stadiums.

My top 5 destinations:
1. LSU
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. Alabama
5. Notre Dame

Anybody want to go with me?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger *Courtney* said...

Oh, pick me, pick me! That is from me and Savannah. :) I know we won't make it to all of them with you, but I'm super excited about the first family picture too! It'll be a great one for the Longhorn album. :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger *Courtney* said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'm in.

That's a great point on memories making the experiences. Can't wait to get Noah to fair park or Norman. I still want to go to a game with like 20 friends and family- all sitting together. I think that would be unforgettable. Nearly impossible these days, unless you go to Baylor or TCU or something.

Can't wait till September.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

tell me when you go to shotwell and if we try a year in advance, we could probably get tickets

10:48 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

We all need to send our ACU season ticket package in at the same time so our seats will be in the same section. I wonder if we can sit in Dr. Money's luxury box. Kool is in charge of tailgating this year.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Bev Ross said...

Sounds like a total blast!!! I'm in! (especially if Brenda goes!!)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I am in. When I get done with school and can afford to do it I really want to make a tradition of seeing a major rivalry game every year.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

P.S.
I think Court and I will try to make it out for UT OU this year. Hope it works out.

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home