Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Right Way to Play the Game

Here is a great article on ESPN.com about playing baseball for the love of the game. If you are a fan of the great game I'm sure you had a few chill-bump moments in that story. The article really reminded me of the good ole high school baseball days. I loved playing Skeeter baseball, I really feel we played the game the right way. We had fun and stayed loose, but we also played with passion and I hoped it showed. That is one thing I regret about our team at Paris, we rarely left it all out on the field.

My main frustration with the Rangers is the way they play the game. I will only go out to the ballpark a few times this year because I hate the attitude of the modern day player. It blows my mind that a team can strike-out nineteen times in a game. The only way that happens is from lack of effort. The Rangers don't hit behind the runners, lay down bunts, and they almost never get a two out hit with a runner in scoring position. In baseball it's the little things that win games and the Rangers just aren't good at the little things.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home